- The manual describes the application of indigenous organic matter as well as their composting and charring technologies, the application of phosphate rocks from neighboring Burkina Faso and its solubilizing technologies, and the enhancement of early rice growth using a minimum quantity of chemical fertilizer (Table 1).
- The technologies mentioned in the manual were developed in consideration of available materials in each rice ecology and corresponding region. The technologies were evaluated for effectiveness and affordability to the rural communities in on-farm participatory studies.
- Government officers as well as counterpart researchers in Ghana were actively involved in the editorial process, enhancing their sense of ownership of the manual and technologies. The foreword was written by the deputy minister of the Food and Agriculture (MoFA), Ghana.
- This manual is compact enough to be carried around. It is printed on A5 size paper and contains only 44 pages, with visually descriptive text and plenty of visuals (photographs and illustrations).
- The technologies adopted in the manual may be extended to other SSA countries having the same rice ecologies.
For further details log on website :