Blog List

Sunday 19 March 2017

Outdoor Projects

great outdoors with our selection of outdoor woodworking plans. The space surrounding your home provides ample opportunity to show off your chops with patio tables and chairs, outdoor benches, porch swings and more. Here you will find not only the best woodworking plans for outdoor furniture, but the knowledge you’ll need to craft pieces that withstand the merciless whims of Mother Nature. 

Folding Stool

With two pieces of pine and simple tools, make this easy-to-store seat. by Chad Stanton This simple project made from two pieces of dimensional pine can help solve seating shortages at your next gathering – and it folds neatly away for the next get-together. All you need is a 4′ 1×8, an 8′ 1×4,...

Learn How to Build a Deck the Right Way

In 1991, I began wondering why backyard decks weren’t typically built better. Looking at them back then with my woodworker’s eye, there seemed so much that could be done to improve the lifespan and beauty of decks, yet somehow these details never happened. That’s why I began developing, testing and building my own collection...

Birdhouses in Winter

It seems odd to even be thinking about building birdhouses right now when what I’m really thinking about most is shoveling my driveway. Looking outside my window, at this very moment there are maybe a dozen birds with little clubs banging on the house trying to get in where it’s warm. It’s like a...

Campaign Birdhouse, the Movie

I often joke that I will someday make my fortune by writing a birdhouse book – typically the best-selling woodworking books (by far). And many readers have asked (jokingly) why I didn’t include a campaign birdhouse in my latest book on campaign-style furniture. So it was amusing when woodworker Ric Archibald showed up with...

Turning a Segmented Birdhouse

Need a quick project you can turn from some flat scraps of dimensioned lumber? This birdhouse is the answer. As Tim Yoder shows you in this week’s episode of Popular Woodturning, it’s easy to make this project from a glued-up blank. And with Tim’s innovative hollowing technique, you can create a birdhouse that’s 6 inches...

Small Woodworking Projects – Great and All

Okay, I like animals, and the title of this post is a play on the James Herriot novel. I saw a robin outside the other day. I’m taking it to be either the first sign of spring or the first sign of the dog I’m caring for being momentarily absent from the yard near...

Small Bench: Inspiration to Actual

For the October 2011 issue, I built the simple bench pictured at left for our I Can Do That project. Our designer, Linda Watts, chose the cheerful red paint job (she also got her hands dirty by doing the actual painting – thank you Linda!). Why red? Well, red looks nice on the white...

Free Plan: Porch Swing With A Curve

This clever porch swing design from ‘Backyard Projects for Today’s Homestead‘ uses bent lamination sides to support the slats and to create the arms. Clever, and an interesting project. Download the free PDF plans by following the link below. Free Porch Swing Plan

I Can Do That: Limbert Outdoor Cafe Chair

A great chair to make in pairs (or more), this outdoor version of a classic Charles Limbert Arts & Crafts cafe chair is simple to make using basic home center lumber and only a few common tools. Very little woodworking experience required.   Download the Limbert Chair Plans Here

For further information log on website :
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/projects/outdoor-projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advantages and Disadvantages of Fasting for Runners

Author BY   ANDREA CESPEDES  Food is fuel, especially for serious runners who need a lot of energy. It may seem counterintuiti...