Blog List

Wednesday 28 February 2018

I Am A Cyclist And You Hate Me

Author
Cyclist hateGet off my road, you shout, as if I’m an immigrant ahead of you in the doctors, a leech on your neck. You are vocal yet you are in the minority. Venom for no other reason than I check your progress, your assumed and ill conceived right to the road makes me your enemy, a fly you must swat aside, a lesson you must teach.
Once you’ve scared me, passing so close that I could touch your car with my elbow, I wonder how the kids in the back seat of your car perceive you, I wonder how you react at work when you’re told to do something, or how your partner puts up with you after you’ve had a few beers, or how you feel when you look at yourself in the mirror. Proud probably, unfortunately.

I am a cyclist and you, yes you, drive your car oh so very close to me to teach me a lesson, one I understand oh so very quickly, your educational pass teaching me that you are a moron.
I am a cyclist and I am cheating you of time because I undertake you.
I am a cyclist and I am depriving you of five seconds because you cannot overtake me on a bend despite trying four times.
I am a cyclist and I am ignoring your imagined rules of the road because I do not ride in the gutter.
I am a cyclist and I do not think it is funny when you wind down your window and try to push me off my bike.
I am a cyclist and I am not taking responsibility for your actions because I do not wear a helmet
I am a cyclist and I could tell you how to overtake me without over revving your engine and drafting on my rear wheel
I am a cyclist and I do not jump red lights but you saw someone once and so therefore I must be punished
I am a cyclist and you are the judge, picking and choosing road laws you only half grasp or have only half made up
I am a cyclist and I am a human
I am a human just like you except our transport differs
I am a human and I get scared when you pass me too closely
I am a human and have family just like you, except mine worry I won’t return home from my daily commute
I am a human and I make mistakes, just like you
I am a human just trying to get to work
I am a human and when I take the lane as the highway code advises, it is to protect myself not to delay nor anger you
I am a human and I don’t want a fist fight because you do not understand the laws of the road
I am a human and I get angry and shout when scared because you almost knocked me off my bike
I am a human and I have a right to point out that you are breaking rules and that speeding or driving when using your phone is against the law
I am a human and I will get upset when your version of justice is passing me very closely in a fast moving car
I am a human and I will bleed when you knock me off my bike
I am a human, are you?
For further information log on website :
https://humancyclist.wordpress.com/2016/08/07/i-am-a-cyclist-and-you-hate-me/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advantages and Disadvantages of Fasting for Runners

Author BY   ANDREA CESPEDES  Food is fuel, especially for serious runners who need a lot of energy. It may seem counterintuiti...