- We provide basic science and technical support for development of state, regional, national, and international greenhouse gas action plans.
- We quantify carbon stocks and fluxes in forests and wood products of the U.S., Canada, China, and Russia.
- We develop methods and estimates for the forest sector of the U.S. greenhouse gas inventories compiled by USDA, EPA, and many states.
- We develop forest carbon accounting tools and information for forest landowners and managers responding to national and regional greenhouse gas registries.
- We conduct research on the role of forests in the global carbon cycle, and how carbon stocks change in response to management and disturbance.
- Rich Birdsey, Program Manager, US Forest Service- Northern Research Station
- Linda Heath, Research Forester, US Forest Service – Northern Research Station
- James Smith, Plant Physiology/Modeling, US Forest Service – Northern Research Station
- Yude Pan , Research Forester, US Forest Service – Northern Research Station
- Coeli Hoover, Research Ecologist, US Forest Service – Northern Research Station
- Paul Van Deusen, National Council for Air and Stream Improvement
For further details log on website :