- Standardized inventory techniques were developed to assess regeneration adequacy in preparation for removal harvests.
- Use of fertilizer to accelerate growth out of the reach of deer in clearcuts.
- Shelterwood method silviculture often combined with fencing to exclude deer.
- Where interfering vegetation problems exist, a whole program of herbicide use was developed by the unit to effectively control species composition in conjunction with shelterwood method silviculture.
- A simplified sustainability assessment tool was developed primarily for private landowners in partnership with Pennsylvania State University extension and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative
- Todd E. Ristau, USDA Forest Service - Northern Research Station Research Ecologist
- Alejandro A. Royo, USDA Forest Service - Northern Research Station Research Ecologist
- Susan L. Stout, USDA Forest Service - Northern Research Station Research Silviculturist and Project Leader
- Christopher A. Nowak, SUNY College of Env. Sci. and Forestry, Associate Professor of Silviculture
- Ralph D. Nyland, SUNY College of Env. Sci. and Forestry, Distinguished Service Professor of Silviculture
- James C. Finley and Tim Pierson, Pennsylvania State University School of Forest Resources
- Lois DeMarco, Robert White, and Andrea Hille, and others - Allegheny National Forest
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Bureau of Forestry
- Forest Investment Associates, Kane Hardwood Division of Collins Pine, Keith Horn Consulting, Inc.
For further details log on website :