Blog List

Sunday 27 November 2016

Development of Breeding Technologies toward Improved Production and Stable Supply of Upland Crops

Biotic stress caused by diseases and insects, and abiotic stress from salinity and drought are limiting factors, which affect stable crop production. In this project, efficient breeding technologies and superior breeding materials, which mitigate damage from these stresses, will be developed in order to maintain sustainable production of important upland crops such as soybean.

Soybean is one of the four major crops in the world, and more than half of its amount has been produced in South America in the last several years. However, soybean production is being threatened by soybean rust caused by Phakopsora pachyrhizi, which has been the most serious threat for stable soybean production along with drought since the early 2000s (Fig. 1). 

In order to reduce the yield loss caused by rust, we will analyze the variability in  pathogenicity of the rust pathogens collected in the main soybean-producing countries, i.e., Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay, and produce rust-resistant breeding materials toward the development of commercial soybean varieties.

In order to mediate abiotic stresses from salinity and drought, multiple tolerant breeding materials will be produced through the elucidation of salt-tolerant genes and their pyramidization in soybean (Fig. 2), and the evaluation and selection of drought-tolerant lines derived from synthetic wheat. Research on phosphorus deficiency in sorghum and logging tolerance in wheat will likewise be undertaken.

These research activities are very important for food security in Japan, where most of the soybean and wheat are imported.

  • Fig1
    Fig.1 Soybean severely infected by soybean rust
    before maturity
  • Fig2
    Fig.2 Yield evaluation of the near isogenic
    soybean lines (NIL) in the salt-affected field
    (Tohoku University, Japan).
    Left row: sensitive line, right row: tolerant line.















  • For further details log on website :
    http://www.jircas.affrc.go.jp/english/program/proB_1.html

    1 comment:

    1. I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis or Chronic Lyme Disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
      Dementia.
      Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with godly heart. Well - everything I decided all go through for me well and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
      Dr Itua Contact Information.
      Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.comWhatsapp Number....+2348149277967

      ReplyDelete

    Advantages and Disadvantages of Fasting for Runners

    Author BY   ANDREA CESPEDES  Food is fuel, especially for serious runners who need a lot of energy. It may seem counterintuiti...